Monday, July 19, 2010

Everything but the kitchen sink




I've been making my own juice for a couple of years now and would never go back to drinking something pre-made again. If you take the time to read the label, all of those trendy fruit and vegetable juices, advertised in the store, are simply sugar or salt infused liquids parading as something "healthy".

When I was still working as a flight attendant, I served up countless cans of cranberry and tomato juice to those passengers who thought they were doing well to bypass sodas or coffee. Although I could somewhat applaud their efforts, I was still loathe to serve such unhealthy drinks, especially to young children. On one occasion, I did go as far as to point out to a passenger that a can of Bloody Mary mixer contained 1950 mg of sodium while the regular tomato juice wasn't much better, at 950 mg! Luckily, she was interested in finding a healthy drink and I wasn't advised to mind my own business.

There are so many reasons why I prefer to juice my own drinks. I know that I'm getting an organic beverage with no artificial additives or too much sugar or salt; freshly made juices taste so much better than canned or bottled, I can make any flavor combination which appeals to me on that particular day and I just love the different colors that flow out of the spout as I place each item in the juicer.



Looks good enough to drink!

Nah, I'm not advertising any particular juicer, nor am I getting any endorsements for supporting this particular lifestyle. As a matter of fact, I get really annoyed at having to clean the juicer by hand when I'm finished but its a small price to pay for such a delicious drink.


The "fruits or perhaps I should say, the veg of my labor."



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete