Thursday, March 18, 2010

Behavioral Objectives


In my past life, when I was a teacher of the Hearing Impaired, one of the mandatory tasks required at the beginning of each new year was the writing of individual educational plans (IEP) for each student under my tutelage. One can't successfully reach a goal without detailing a step by step plan.

First of all, you may ask.....what IS your goal?

.......to strengthen all the muscles necessary which will enable me to bend over, squat, lift, carry.....and basically "do" any task applicable to the grape harvesting process.....as well as lifting a few glasses in celebration.

And how will you go about fulfilling this goal?

.......increase my twice weekly yoga practice to daily sessions, either at the "Y" or at home with my DVDs

....... add resistance weights to strengthen muscles....twice a week by using my hand weights at home, my elastic bands or the weight equipment at the "Y"
.......healthier eating habits.....eliminate all but the natural sugars that are in fruits.......severely limiting my intake of flour, potato and white rice products........no alcohol, at least until I get to France next month during a "mini" trip...........ramping up my intake of organic veg and fruit.

Well, you get the idea. Fortunately, much of this will not be too foreign to my system since Mark and I rarely eat out and make most of our meals from fresh, organic "food stuffs". I don't drink sodas......haven't in over six years and have mostly curtailed my semi-chocoholic tendancies.........unless I have a really bad day and decide to stuff my face full of Hershey kisses as a sort of compensation for how badly life is treating me at that moment in time.

Losing about 25 pounds wouldn't go amiss either and if I follow my ITP (individual training plan) carefully, I will be able to accomplish my goal in a reasonable amount of time, without dipping into that candy bowl !



1 comment:

  1. Few years ago I chosed French beans harvesting...
    Still remember it.

    ReplyDelete