Friday, March 12, 2010

It's NOT all about me........


.......well, maybe just a little bit. Okay, it IS about me. I'm a star in my own universe for these next six months anyway.

Mark is feeling a bit left out. I understand. It does seem like I'm paying an awful lot of attention to my own needs lately......exercising twice a day, only eating "this" and not eating "that", anticipating and planning for my days in the fields. I apologize now and for the next 180 days, give or take a few......but, progress has been made! After this first week of "training" I've shed a whole 3 and 1/2 pounds!

I know that this won't be the norm but for the moment, I've forced my physical self into dropping these pounds through the element of shock. Oh my God!!......what? ....no more Hershey's kisses......slabs of homemade bread lathered with Kerrygold butter...... And what's this with the nonstop exercise?? Surely THIS novelty will wear off as quickly as you can say......"Taco Bueno Combination Burrito"!

I have a surprise for you, my alter ego......since my progress is being followed by millions of readers out there, I have no choice but to follow through with this ambitious, six month sojourn.

So, my fellow supporters, if you believe in me, clap your hands and say, "I believe in fairies". Okay, maybe not fairies.......but you know what I mean. Just give me a "shout out" now and then or lend a sympathetic ear when things get sidetracked. I've still got another 173 days to go.........

No comments:

Post a Comment